Daisypath Graduation tickers

About Me

Dallas, TX, United States
The Trulys are Jeff, Mindy, Jack, and Todd

Sep 2, 2009

Helloooo, anybody out there???

Probably not, because I never update this thing. Partly because we still have not gotten a new computer. The one that is on loan to us right now does not have a CF outlet, so no pictures, why post?

Let's see it's almost Fall...the season I LOVE. The boys are good, and i'm ready for some scheduled time. It makes life much easier! Summer was fun, but I won't miss the heat OR the orange ozone days!

The boys start KDO (kid's day out) tomorrow once a week. I'll be able to go to a doc. appt./grocery shopping/ or super duper house cleaning without 2 little munchkins to keep me distracted. ;)

Munchkin update:
Jack is getting so big. He's a kid, no longer toddler. He likes to give concerts (about dinosaurs or millions of peaches) with his guitar, and microphone. He's a real rock and roll star. I'm noticing how nimble and agile he is getting as he grows and becomes more confident. He climbs on playground equipment like a monkey. He's still ever the cautious one, but I think that's just my little Jack. :)
He got a new clock and is semi learning to tell time. :) If the little hand is on the 5 and the big hand is on the 7 it's 5:7 !! You better believe he knows when it's 7 am though. He marches into our room and says, "Momma, Daddy it's 7 o'clock time to get up!" He can say "BLUE" now not "Bwoo" he says, "my favorite cower is BaLooo". Yes, that's right co-wer. He LOVES dinosaurs. I mean LOVES them. He knows their names and what they eat, and he can't wait until Dinosaur Train comes on PBS kids after Labor day. (it's a new show) He's decided he wants to be a daddy when he grows up. I tell him he'll need to get married first, so he has chosen Elle as his wife.
He's a picky eater, and were praying that gets better. He will not try anything new, so many nights he doesn't eat dinner. LOVE that! (sarcasm) 3's have been a challenge for mommy, but God has used it to teach me lots. Like patience, and a reminder that my job is 24/7 no breaks. Which means there is always an opportunity to teach them, all times and hours of the day. Which reminds me that I cannot do it without God...it's...impossible. That means time spent with Him every morning, every day. I've found I have no idea what to do otherwise. I find that i'm running like a chicken with my head cutoff otherwise...in other words depressed/exhausted/ and not accomplishing anything.

Todd is walking. For 3 weeks now. He walks everywhere, and will announce, "I walking!" random times through out the day. He's at a precious age and stage. I remember this age with Jack. Still they are so different. Jack always listened and obeyed at this age. Todd pushes the limits. He's got a big brother to watch do that as a 3 year old so he does it too. His vocabulary is crazy! Children are so amazing. He LOVES books, which is interesting. I thought he would'nt be interested since i don't have the sit down time I had with Jack as the only child. But he LOVES them. He also LOVES dinosaurs. And whatever Jack likes. He has skipped the train stage altogether. He must keep up with big brother. He loves Jack and asks for him when he gets up in the morning. They both love to antagonize each other at this point. And repay wrong for wrong. Did I mention the challenges? Still I've grown, and know it's for my own good as well as theirs. Let's see, I should write down some of Todd's words. He says all the animals names and what they say, he knows his body parts, he likes to point out "eyebrows" and my facial features when we are rocking, he says "please and tank yewwww", he can't wait to finish dinner so he and jack can take a "BUBBLES BAT!" He will make fists at the table and yell "BUBBLES!", He loves RHINOS and Bippos! Can't wait til the weather cools down and we go to the zoo this fall! Our last trip he conked out and didn't get to see the animals.

I can't think of anything else, and I need to get back to work. It's "quiet time/nap time" I've got 30 more quiet minutes! Happy Fall Ya'll!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved having Todd today - precious little boy!